HERE’S HOW YOU CAN JOIN IN!
Whether you want to act in the play, make costumes, or build sets, this is when you can sign up. Drop at the hours posted below, and tell us how you would like to participate. Most people will probably rehearse once a week, but you can choose to do more, or less! We can work out a schedule that fits your availability .
Rehearsals and Building Sessions
September 23rd – November 26th
Tuesday-Friday (evenings), Weekends (days)
Performances and Pre-Show Fair
Performances will take place at the historic Japanese Hall. A Pre-show Fair with community mini-performances and roving food & craft sellers starts 30 minutes before showtime!!
Weekday Evenings: Thurs.-Sat. Nov. 27th-29 th & Dec. 4 th-6 th
Fair: 7:00 pm , Performance: 7:30 pm
Sunday matinees: Nov. 30 th & Dec. 7 th
Fair: 1:30 pm, Performance: 2:00 pm
*Please circle the areas that interest you. This section can be
detached and returned to Rika at the Carnegie Community Center
or mailed to:
Vancouver Moving Theatre, PO Box 88270 Chinatown Post Office, Vancouver V6A 4A4
Age (if under 18) _________________
1) Acting: No experience necessary!
2) Music: Instrumentalists, bandmaster. What instruments do you play?
3) Technical: carpentry, electricity, stages and seating, scenery, painting
4) Stage management: help organize rehearsals, gather props and materials, keep things on track!
5) Lighting: rigging lighting and preparing special effects, operating lighting instruments
6) Costumes: work with a group or take work home …. Share your skills
7) Puppets/Shadow Screen? Masks: we need bodies, hands, faces, costumes
8) Materials: fabric, wood, decorative stuff, paint… we’ll also need to borrow tools
9) Scripts: duplicating, collating, binding
10) Refreshments: During long rehearsals you will be very popular if you help arrange for this!
11) Transportation: Drive people who don’t have wheels to rehearsals and take elderly people to see the show. We may need occasional use of a van or truck to transport materials to the site.
12) Front of house: ushers, programme sellers, coffee and tea makers, ticket takers …
13) Back stage: dressers, stage hands …
14) Secretarial: typing, answering the telephone …
15) Babysitting: before and during the performance.
16) Publicity: articles, posters, delivering handbills …..
17) Documentation: scrap books, photos, video ….
18) Donations of funds or supplies: Vancouver Moving Theatre is a non-profit society with charitable status
19) Fair preceding the play: each evening a different organization is invited to dress up, sell snacks, gifts, etc. and keep the proceeds. We will also need music. Would your group be interested?
20) Committees: hospitality, production, publicity, fair, opening and closing ceremonies
VIP Cameo Appearances:
Thursday evening November 27th: Mayor Larry Campbell
Friday evening November 28th: Parks Board Chair Heather Deal
Saturday evening November 29th: tba
Sunday afternoon November 30th: tba
Thursday evening December 4th: Councillor Jim Green
Friday evening December 5th: CBC Radio Host Bill Richardson
Saturday evening December 6th: tba
Sunday afternoon December 7th: MP Libby Davies